We are a community based charity with our prime beneficiaries being local people from the African Caribbean community in addition to the wider community. Our main area of operation is Sandwell and the surrounding borough of the West Midlands. We have a particular focus on health, social care, education, the relief of poverty and raising cultural awareness in particular related to people of the African Diaspora.
We have a number of areas that we provide services, which include:
- Day services for older people
- Hospital ward based befriending
- Home care for vulnerable children and adults
- Carers support information services
- Community consultation
- Development of cultural resources
- Cultural celebration such as black history month
- Information advice and guidance
- Training community and work placements
In addition to these services we also advocate on behalf of African Caribbean communities to ensure full and fair access to services.